Sunday, March 16, 2014

Baray Bres Theat


I shared the front seat of a minibus with an Italian teacher called George for the four hour trip to Phnom Penh next morning. My welcome at the Dara Reang Sey was as warm as ever and that evening I visited the home of Peter and Veasna Leth for dinner. Sophal collected me bright and early next morning for our trip across the Mekong to the Srei Santhor district. We went in search of temples and found a good one with half a dozen great lintels at Preah Theat Baray and then onto the towers of Chan Lung and the brick chedis of Wat Sithor. The district sees few foreigners as confirmed by the stares, smiles, waves and shouts in equal measures. My final day in Phnom Penh was a busy one. I began with a visit to the Ministry of Education to see my friend Sopheap, who runs their website, then he took me to Wat Moha Montrei to pay a visit to Vannak, a monk I met in Sambor Prei Kuk. After lunch, I spent an hour in the company of Thay, one of their translators, hearing about the diligent work I've included this just to remind me how silly I look in a headscarf! And what the heck is that big red thing in the middle of my face?of the Documentation Center of Cambodia. After a massage by one of the blind members of the Seeing Hands massage team, I met up with Debbie and Marc for dinner at the Boddhi Tree. Debbie was one of the speakers at my Magic of Cambodia day in August and they run a tour company in Cambodia called Carpe Diem Travel. Next morning, I said my goodbyes and Roti delivered me on time to the airport for my flight back to Singapore. A two-hour visit to Sentosa Island broke the boredom of a nine hour stop-over at Changi Airport before my Singapore Airlines flight deposited me back at Heathrow, exposing me to the cold and harsh British winter, a considerable shock to my system after a hot and humid three-week stint in Cambodia. ប្រភពី:http://andybrouwer.co.uk/2003.html

No comments:

Post a Comment